We can’t get enough of this Organic Cucumber and Sweet Onion Salad with Greek Yogurt. This is a great dish to prepare fresh or to make the night before.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ thinly sliced sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons Driftless sunflower oil or olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 long cucumber, peeled in stripes, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise ¼ inch thick
- 3 Tbps. chopped fresh herbs of choice (mint, basil, oregano, sorrel, etc.)
- In a bowl, mix yogurt, garlic, onion, oil and salt/pepper together until smooth.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Place a paper towel in a shallow bowl & add a layer of cucumbers, another paper towel, & the rest of the cucumbers.
- Let drain for about 10 minutes.
- Remove paper towels & mix cucumber and chopped herbs into yogurt mix & serve.
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.