Organic Creamy Fresh Tomato Basil Soup is one of our favorites! We know that you’ll love it too.
Creamy Fresh Tomato Basil Soup
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Soup
This recipe was created by Dani Lind of Rooted Spoon Culinary
- 8-10 medium tomatoes, paste type or other red, quartered
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fennel seed, crushed (optional)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. Driftless Sunflower oil
- 3+ Tbsp. cream, half & half, or condensed milk
- splash of red wine or balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 20+ large basil leaves, rolled like a cigar & thinly sliced
- Saute onion in oil on medium heat until translucent.
- Add fennel seed & garlic & saute another minute or two, stirring often.
- Add tomatoes, cover, & simmer for about 20 minutes.
- When tomatoes have broken down, add cream, salt, pepper, wine/vinegar & puree with immersion blender or in food processor until smooth.
- Return to stove, add basil leaves, bring back to simmer, & serve.
- Serve with French or foccacia bread.
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.