Organic Chunky Pasta Sauce with Kale and Bell Peppers is a great addition to:
- Soups & Stews
- 3 Tbsp. Driftless Sunflower oil or olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 8-10 roma tomates, cored & chopped
- ½ to 1 bunch kale, stemmed & chopped
- 1 large bell or 3 frying peppers, diced
- Fresh or dried herbs, such as oregano, rosemary, sage, and/or basil
- Splash of red wine or balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1 tsp hot red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Sauté hot pepper flakes, fennel seed, & onions in oil over medium high heat
- Add garlic & chopped peppers, stirring for another couple of minutes.
- Add a splash of wine/vinegar & desired herbs,then roma tomatoes.
- Simmer until tomatoes cook down (about 15-20 minutes)
- Add chopped green kale & simmer for another few minutes.
- Add salt & pepper.
- Pour over noodles & top with parmesan cheese.
- Freezes fantastically.
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.