Looking for a way to jazz up your organic carrots? Look no further! Organic Carrots with Garlic and Cilantro to the rescue!
Carrots with Garlic & Cilantro
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
This recipe was created by Dani Lind of Rooted Spoon Culinary
- 3 c. carrots, cut into ½” pieces on the bias
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Driftless sunflower oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- Barely cover carrots with water in a small sauce pan & bring to a boil, covered.
- Reduce heat to a simmer & cook until almost tender, about 8 minutes.
- Uncover, add salt & pepper, & cook another 6-8 minutes uncovered, until liquid is reduced.
- Add garlic, oil, & lemon juice/vinegar & cook another minute.
- Stir in cilantro & serve warm or hot (equally good with basil, mint, or parsley).
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.