Organic Beet Chips made with Driftless Organics beets are a healthy snack that the kids will love!
They are a great side dish with:
Organic Beet Chips made with Driftless Sunflower OIl
Author: Dani Lind
This recipe was created by Dani Lind of Rooted Spoon Culinary
- 2 pounds large beets, peeled
- 2 tablespoons Driftless Sunflower Oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a mandoline, thinly slice beets to a thickness of 1/16". In a large bowl, toss beet slices with oil to coat evenly.
- On prepared baking sheets, in a single layer, arrange as many slices as will fit without crowding. Bake until crisp, 25-30 minutes, rotating pans once halfway through baking.
- Cool chips and blot with paper towels to remove any excess oil.
- Repeat, using a cool prepared baking sheet for each batch, until all beet slices are baked.
- Toss chips with ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper to taste.