Our Organic Asian Peanut Noodle Salad is so versatile, allowing you to incorporate all sorts of different yummy vegetables. We love to add lots of broccoli!
- 1 lb. flat rice noodles (or fettucini noodles)
- ⅓ c. chunky peanut butter
- ½ c. coconut milk
- ¼ c. chopped tomato
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce or tamari
- 2 minced whole scallions
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 minced jalapeno pepper OR 1-3 tsp. hot sauce, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. sugar/honey
- Juice & zest from 1 lime
- 4-6 cups vegetables cut into bite sized pieces, blanched appropriately & ice bath cooled*
- ¼ c. basil chiffonade &/or chopped cilantro (garnish)
- 3 Tbsp. chopped peanuts (garnish)
- Boil noodles according to package’s directions, run under cold water & drain.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Combine sauce ingredients peanut butter through lime in a heavy bottomed sauce pan & slowly bring to a simmer uncovered, stirring frequently.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes & remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, blanch vegetables of choice in separate batches with like vegetables until au dente & immediately cool in an ice water bath (broccoli, cauliflower, & fennel bulb/stems – 2-3 minutes; bok choi stems, chard stems, summer squash, & peas – 1-2 minutes; bok choi or chard leaves – 30 seconds).
- Drain vegetables & toss with noodles & slightly cooled peanut sauce.
- Garnish with herbs & peanuts & serve warm or at room temperature.
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.