Our Organic Asian Peanut Noodle Salad is so versatile, allowing you to incorporate all sorts of different yummy vegetables. We love to add lots of broccoli!
Asian Peanut Noodle Salad
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Salad
This recipe was created by Dani Lind of Rooted Spoon Culinary
- 1 lb. flat rice noodles (or fettucini noodles)
- ⅓ c. chunky peanut butter
- ½ c. coconut milk
- ¼ c. chopped tomato
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce or tamari
- 2 minced whole scallions
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 minced jalapeno pepper OR 1-3 tsp. hot sauce, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. sugar/honey
- Juice & zest from 1 lime
- 4-6 cups vegetables cut into bite sized pieces, blanched appropriately & ice bath cooled*
- ¼ c. basil chiffonade &/or chopped cilantro (garnish)
- 3 Tbsp. chopped peanuts (garnish)
- Boil noodles according to package’s directions, run under cold water & drain.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Combine sauce ingredients peanut butter through lime in a heavy bottomed sauce pan & slowly bring to a simmer uncovered, stirring frequently.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes & remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, blanch vegetables of choice in separate batches with like vegetables until au dente & immediately cool in an ice water bath (broccoli, cauliflower, & fennel bulb/stems – 2-3 minutes; bok choi stems, chard stems, summer squash, & peas – 1-2 minutes; bok choi or chard leaves – 30 seconds).
- Drain vegetables & toss with noodles & slightly cooled peanut sauce.
- Garnish with herbs & peanuts & serve warm or at room temperature.
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.