A new spin off from traditional basil pesto, this Organic Arugula Pesto Sauce is just as delicious! Especially when made with organic arugula straight from Driftless Organics!
Try on favorites like:
- Grilled Veggies
Arugula Pesto Sauce
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Sauce
This recipe was created by Dani Lind of Rooted Spoon Culinary
- Your bag of arugula
- ¼ cup pine nuts (or walnuts)
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 lg. clove garlic, chopped
- 2½ tbsp. Driftless sunflower oil or olive oil
- ¼ cup hot water
- In a food processor pulse together all ingredients except oil and water until arugula is chopped fine.
- With motor running add oil in a stream, blending mixture until smooth.
- Sauce may be made up to this point 1 week ahead and chilled, its surface covered with plastic wrap.
- Bring sauce to room temperature to continue.
- Stir in ¼ cup hot water plus additional for thinner consistency if desired