Try substituting other vegetables you have laying around for any of the veggies in this Garlicky Veggie and Quinoa with Mustard Sauce recipe to make it your own!
Garlicky Veggies and Quinoa with Mustard Sauce
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped dragon tongue beans
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, or to taste
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1.5 tablespoon coarse-grain mustard
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, saute carrots and half of the garlic in a pan with a little oil for 5 minutes. Add the broccoli & beans and continue cooking until all veggies are tender.
- Mix lemon juice, remaining garlic, tarragon, mustard, and olive oil. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Combine quinoa, vegetables and the sauce. Mix well. Season to taste with salt and black pepper before serving.