Feeling creative? Elizabeth’s Never-fail Salad Dressing is a great guide to help you create your own fast and easy salad dressing in minutes.
- Take a jar, chop some sort of garlic (green, scape, clove) scallion or onion.
- Put in jar. Add a bit of salt and pepper.
- Are there any fresh herbs available? Dill? Basil? Parlsey? Great! Chop ‘em up and, throw ‘em in the jar.
- Add a good glug or two of sunflower oil – or olive oil.
- Add a nice amount of some tasty vinegar like white wine, balsamic or red wine.
- The Clincher – got any maple syrup? J
- ust a bit would REALLY do the trick. If not, just a tablespoon of sugar will do.
- Put the lid on the jar and shake! shake! shake!
- Taste and adjust! Fun Fun Fun!
- Play with it, you won’t buy salad dressing for the rest of the summer!
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.