One of our all-time favorite dishes turned into a creamy and filling soup that comes together quickly and easily. Make a batch of Colcannon Soup tonight!
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1 sliced leek
- 2 chopped cippolini onions
- 2 cups sliced and chopped green cabbage
- 2 cups sliced and chopped kale
- 4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 6 cups veggie or chicken
- 2 bay leaves
- 2½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon white (or black) pepper
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- Melt butter in a large, heavy bottomed soup pot on medium heat.
- Add the sliced leeks, onions, cabbage, and kale, toss to coat with the butter. Lower the heat to low, cover and gently cook until the greens are wilted, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add the diced potatoes to the pot, along with the stock, bay leaves, and salt. Increase heat to bring to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer, and cook until the potatoes are softened and falling apart, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Swirl in the white pepper and heavy cream. Taste and add more salt and pepper to taste.