This creamy and delicious Beauty Heart Radish Risotto is a lovely light pinkish color when finished cooking. Check it out!
Beauty Heart Radish Risotto
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large onions, finely chopped (2/3 cup)
- 1½ teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound beauty heart radishes, finely chopped
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup short-grain italian rice (risotto)
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 4 to 4½ cups WARM veggie broth
- ½ cup freshly grated asiago cheese
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Cracked black pepper
- Heat the butter and oil in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes, until golden, then add the thyme and garlic; cook for 2 minutes, then add the radishes and salt, stirring to incorporate.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, until lightly browned, then add the rice; cook for a minute or so, stirring, so the rice is evenly coated and toasts a bit. Stir in the wine and cook for a few minutes, then begin to add the broth a ladleful at a time, stirring after each addition, until it is mostly absorbed. This should take about 20 minutes, and the rice should be creamy and tender.
- Stir in the cheese and black pepper; remove from the heat and let the risotto rest for 2 minutes. Serve warm & enjoy!