Our simple, make-ahead Kohlrabi Salad with Cilantro and Lime is a great summer salad for cookouts, potlucks and picnics!
Kohlrabi Salad with Cilantro and Lime
- 4 c kohlrabi, green and/or purple, cut into matchsticks
- ¼ c chopped cilantro
- ¼ c chopped spring onions
- orange zest from one orange
- lime zest from one lime
- ¼ c olive oil
- juice from 1 orange
- juice from 1 lime
- ¼ c honey
- ½ t salt
- ¼ t black pepper
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- Trim and peel kohlrabi. Kohlrabi has a thick skin, so you may have to peel twice to get through it. Cut off two ends. Cut in half from top to bottom. Thinly slice, rotate and slice again, making ¼ inch matchsticks. You can also use the grater attachement in your food processor to get the job done a little faster.
- Place the sliced kohlrabi in a large bowl with chopped cilantro, chopped spring oniongs, lime zest and orange zest.
- To make the vinaigrette: Squeeze the juice from one orange and one lime into a bowl, add the rest of the vinaigrette ingredients and whisk together.
- Toss with salad and refrigerate until serving. The salad is best in fact, if you let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour before serving, as it helps the flavors to come together. Garnish with additional zest and cilantro if you like. This is a great dish to make the night before and serve the next day!