Zucchini & Pepper Frittata
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 fajita peppers
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup feta cheese. crumbled (optional)
- Lightly beat eggs in a bowl with salt & pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Turn on broiler & set a rack about 4” below.
- De-seed peppers & slice thinly lengthwise.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise & slice into long strips on the bias.
- Heat 1Tbsp. of butter in a 10” cast iron/oven proof skillet.
- When butter is foamy, add peppers, zucchini, & onions & saute over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until softened & starting to brown.
- Add garlic, thyme, salt & pepper to taste & stir a few more times.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp. of butter & once it’s melted, add eggs all at once, swirling to coat pan evenly if necessary.
- Turn heat to low, sprinkle feta over the top, & cook until sides are just starting to set.
- Put pan in broiler for 1-2 minutes, until top is lightly browned & eggs are set.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.