Zucchini and Green Beans with Garlic, Fennel & Lemon
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 3 Tbsp. olive or Driftless sunflower oil, or butter
- 1 head fennel, core removed & thinly sliced crosswise, leaves reserved
- 2 zucchinis, cut into long strips
- 2 cups green beans, stems removed
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Juice & zest from ½ a lemon
- 3 Tbsp. fennel leaves, chopped
- In a large skillet, heat oil over med-high heat.
- Add fennel & sauté for a couple minutes.
- Add zucchini, green beans, & garlic & sauté for a couple more minutes.
- Turn down the heat & cook, stirring occasionally, for another 4-5 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, lemon juice/zest & remove from heat.
- Garnish with fennel leaves. Delicious with pasta, fish, chicken, or Parmesan, white beans & French bread.