Looking for a fun new lasagna recipe? Look no further than our Winter Squash Lasagna. A great lasagna to make in the fall when winter squash and spinach abound!
Winter Squash Lasagna
- 1 container ricotta cheese
- 4 oz. mozzarella
- ⅛ tsp. freshly grated or ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- Black Pepper
- 1 bunch spinach, thick stems discarded
- 10-12oz winter squash puree (peeled, boiled or roasted & blended)
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, mozzarella, nutmeg, ¼ cup Parmesan, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper; fold in the spinach.
- Spread ½ cup of the squash on the bottom of an 8-in. square baking dish.
- Top with 2 noodles and spread a third (about ¼ cup) of the remaining squash over the top. Dollop with a third (about 1 cup) of the ricotta mixture; repeat.
- Place the remaining 2 noodles on top; spread with the remaining squash and dollop with the remaining ricotta mixture.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 2 Tbsp Parmesan.
- Cover tightly with an oiled piece of foil (to prevent sticking) and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake until the noodles are tender and the top is golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.