Wine Braised Leeks & Salad Turnips
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 large or 2 medium leeks, cut into ½” slices on
- the bias & rinsed/dried well in a colander
- 1 bunch salad turnips, roots thinly sliced & greens
- coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed & coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, sage, or rosemary (optional)
- 1 cup. white wine
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a sauté pan over medium heat & add leeks & turnips.
- Sauté, only stirring occasionally, until starting to brown (4-5 minutes).
- Add garlic & sauté another minute. Add herbs, white wine, salt & pepper, bring to a simmer, lower heat, & cover.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, remove lid, & add turnip greens.
- Cook for about a minute, until greens are wilted, & remove vegetables onto a platter with a slotted spoon.
- Turn up heat & reduce wine liquid by half (should only take a minute or two) & pour over vegetables.