Wilted Greens in Hot Bacon Dressing
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Salad
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 Tbsp. onion, minced
- 1 teaspoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. grainy mustard
- ½ lb. sauté mix (the amount in your box), washed & dried
- 1 cup beet greens, stems removed, washed, dried, & chopped
- 4 hard boiled eggs, sliced (optional)
- black pepper to taste
- In a skillet, sauté bacon until crisp.
- Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings in the skillet.
- When cool, chop bacon coarsely.
- Saute the onion in the bacon drippings until softened; add sugar, vinegar, pepper, & mustard; bring to boil while stirring.
- Add the chopped bacon, pour immediately over greens & toss to wilt.
- Garnish with hard boiled egg if desired.