Wild Apple Almond Torte
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ c. salted butter, softened 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅓ c. sugar 1 c. all-purpose unbleached flour
- 8 oz. neufchatel/cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. almond or vanilla extract
- ¼ c. sugar
- 4 medium sized apples, cored & sliced very thin
- ⅓ c. sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅓ c. sliced or slivered almonds
- Grease a 9” springform pan.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Process butter, sugar, & vanilla in a food processor.
- Add flour & pulse a few times.
- Press into greased pan, forming a 1” lip on the sides.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove & cool while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Combine sliced apples, sugar, & cinnamon in a bowl, toss to coat, & set aside. Process filling to a smooth consistency.
- Pour filling into crust & carefully spread apple slices overlapping in a spiral design. Reserve any remaining liquid in bottom of bowl.
- Sprinkle almonds over the top. Bake for 10 minutes, pour reserved liquid over the top Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 15-20 minutes
- Torte is done when apples are softened & filling is firm.
- Cool before serving.