Veggies & Peanut Sauce
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Main Dish
This is a great recipe to use up miscellaneous vegetables – anything from broccoli to winter squash to root vegetables like beets and carrots.
- 5 cups mixed vegetables, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 Tbsp. natural peanut butter (crunch preferably)
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce/tamari
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider or rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced/grated
- 1 c. tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ cup apple juice/cider OR orange juice
- Hot pepper flakes or fresh minced hot pepper, to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Cashews or peanuts
- Cook vegetables, either by steaming, sautéing, or roasting.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in small saucepan & bring to a boil over medium heat while stirring to dissolve peanut butter.
- Reduce to low heat & simmer for about 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Spoon over vegetables & serve, garnished with cilantro and nuts if you wish.
- Serve with rice, noodles, or millet.