These delicious stuffed spuds are sure to be a hit! Loaded with all kind of goodies – check it out for yourself:
Twice Baked Potato Boats with Tomatoes, Feta and Capers
- 2 pounds firm potatoes, half your bag
- 1 bunch salad turnips
- 6 oz sour cream
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup capers
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake potatoes and turnips (brushed with oil) for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place the potatoes on a cutting board and turnips in a large bowl. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Slice each potato lengthwise, cutting off the top quarter.
- Scoop out the pulp to form the boat. Put the pulp into the bowl, along with the turnips, sour cream, tomatoes, parsley and red pepper flakes.
- Mash together until you have a smooth texture. Add black pepper to taste.
- Add the capers, ions and the feta and stir gently. Salt if needed.
- Fill each potato with stuffing. Place back in the oven and cook for another 15 minutes before serving. You’ll probably have extra filling, which makes great mashed potato leftovers for later!