Our Twice Baked Blue Potatoes recipe will add a tasty and colorful touch to your plate!
Twice Baked Blue Potatoes
- 3 pounds blue potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Driftless Organics Sunflower Oil (or olive oil)
- ½ cup sour cream or yogurt
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, chopped (about 8 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pierce potatoes in several places with a fork and wipe with oil to lightly coat the outside. Bake until tender for 45 – 60 minutes. Cool potatoes until you’re able to handle them.
- Cut off a thin slice from both short ends of each potato and discard. Cut each potato crosswise in half; stand each half on its small flat end. Using teaspoon, scoop out cooked potato pulp from each half, leaving ⅓-inch-thick shell and forming potato cup. Place potato cups in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Place potato pulp in medium bowl; add garlic, sour cream or yogurt, milk, and cayenne. Using potato masher or fork, mash until well blended and almost smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mound mashed potato mixture in potato cups.
- Melt butter in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté until tender and deep brown, about 12 minutes. Top potato cups with shallots.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake potato cups until heated through, about 20 minutes. Top with freshly ground pepper.