Tuscan Zucchini Pie
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup milk mixed with ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp. finely chopped garlic
- 3 Tbsp. minced cippolini onion
- 1 c. chopped collard greens
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly ground nutmeg
- ¼ c. grated Parmesan or pecorino cheese
- 3 Tbsp. Driftless sunflower oil or olive oil
- Cut zucchini crosswise into ⅛ inch thick rounds.
- Put in a bowl, sprinkle about ⅓ tsp. of salt over the top, toss, & set aside for 30 minutes
- Drain & pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Beat in flour. Add themilk/water mixture & beat it in.
- Add the garlic, onion, collard greens, ⅓ tsp. salt, pepper, nutmeg, & cheese.
- Mix well.
- Arrange zucchini slices without overlapping in the bottom of two 8 inch cake or pie tins, double layering the zucchinis if possible.
- Stir the egg mixture well & pour it evenly over the 2 pans.
- Drizzle 1 Tbsp. oil over each pie & bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with another drizzle of oil with each pie.