Tomato, Cucumber, Kale & Cannelini Bean Salad
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Salad
- 2 large or 3 medium heirloom tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 can or 2 cups cannellini beans, drained
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, quartered lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. rosemary leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp. honey
- 3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ⅓ c.Driftless sunflower oil or olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- Core tomatoes & slice lengthwise into wedges.
- Let drain on paper towels.
- Peel stripes lengthwise in cucumbers if you wish, cut in half, deseed, & slice on the bias.
- Also let drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, strip kale leaves from stems, coarsely chop, & blanch in salted, boiling water for about 1 minute.
- Immediately cool in ice water or plenty of cold, running water.
- Drain well in a colander.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together garlic, rosemary, honey, & white wine vinegar.
- Add oil in a slow stream until emulsified.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Gently combine vegetables, beans, olives, & dressing in a serving bowl, garnish with feta & parsley, & serve.