Tomato Poblano Frittatas
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 8 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- ½ tsp. dried oregano or marjoram
- 2 Tbsp. butter, Driftless sunflower oil or olive oil
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded & cut into thin strips (use gloves if you don’t want burning fingers)
- 1 red sweet pepper, cut like the poblanos
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c. tomatillos, husked & halved
- 1 c. cheddar or jack cheese, shredded
- salt & pepper to taste
- Turn oven on to broil. Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, & herbs in a bowl.
- Stir in half of the cheese.
- In a large well-seasoned cast iron pan or oven-proof skillet, melt butter or oil over medium heat & swirl to coat.
- Add pepper strips & saute for a minute or two.
- Add garlic & tomatillos & saute for another minute.
- Pour in egg mixture & let cook for a couple minutes, until starting to set around the edges.
- Place pan under broiler for about a minute, add remaining cheese, & return to broiler for another minute (be careful not to burn it!!).
- Serve immediately