Okay, okay, so these4 Thanksgiving Maple Roasted Root Veggies aren’t JUST for the holidays. They are pretty darn good any time of year!
Thanksgiving Maple Roasted Root Veggies
- 2 large red beets, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- A bunch of salad turnips or red radishes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons sunflower or olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup roasted nuts of your choice
- Optional: Your bag of spinach, wilted
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Chop the beets, carrots, and salad turnips into ½ inch cubes.
- Place them in a mixing bowl and add oil, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and maple syrup. Toss well with your hands making sure the veggies are all evenly coated.
- Lay the vegetables out on a large baking sheet in a single layer. Roast vegetables for 40 to 50
- minutes, stirring once half-way through roasting.
- Place oven on the broil setting in order to crisp up the veggies and continue cooking for an additional 3 – 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with additional salt if desired.
- Mix in the roasted nuts and serve over wilted spinach if desired.