Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- 2 c. bulgur wheat (available in bulk at most co-ops)
- 2 c. boiling water
- ½ c.Driftless Sunflower Oil or olive oil
- ⅔ c. fresh lemon juice
- 1 c. tomatoes, diced
- 1 c. cucumbers, diced
- ¾ c. parsley, chopped
- fresh or dried spearmint to taste (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine bulgur & boiling water & let sit for several minutes, until water is absorbed.
- Add tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley, & mint (optional).
- Whisk together oil,lemon juice, salt & pepper and add to salad.
- Serve room temperature or chilled.