Sweet Potato Pie
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Boil sweet potatoes whole in skin for 20 to 30 minutes,or until done.
- Run cold water over the sweet potato, and remove the skins.
- Break apart sweet potato in a bowl.
- Add butter, andmix well with mixer.
- Stir in sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth.
- Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Pie will puff up like a souffle, and then will sink down as it cools.