Our hearty Beet, Kale and Carrot Salad that can be served as a side or as a meal all on its own!
Beet, Kale and Carrot Salad
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- ⅓ silvered almonds or roasted winter squash seeds
- 1 medium raw beet, peeled
- 1 medium to large carrot, peeled
- 2 cups packed green kale, roughly chopeed
- 1 avocado cubed
- — Vinaigrette —
- 3 T apple cider vinegar
- 2 t lemon juice
- 2 T Driftless Organics sunflower oil or olive oil
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 t dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh colander under running water.
- In a medium-sized pot, combine the rinsed quinoa and 1 cup water. Bring the mixture to a boil, then cover the pot, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 min.
- Remove the quinoa from heat and let it rest, still covered for 5 min.
- Uncover pot, drain off an excess liquid and set it aside to cool.
- Grate the beet and carrot by hand or with a food processor. Place in a large bowl and add the rest of the salad ingredients.
- To prepare the vinaigrette: Whisk together all of the ingredients until emulsified. Drizzle dressing over the mixture and toss to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.