This Super Spiral Pasta is loaded with roasted veggies, cheese and of course spirals!
Super Spiral Pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil; plus more for drizzling
- Your romanesco, cut into small florets and tossed with oil
- Big handful of peas, trimmed and cut in half and tossed with oil
- One zucchini, chopped and tossed with oil
- 3 scallions, chopped and tossed with oil
- Your garlic, minced
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, plus more for serving
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 12 ounces Rotini (spiral) pasta
- 2 ounces aged Asiago cheese or Pecorino, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Season romanesco with salt and roast for 15 minutes.
- Then toss and add the zucchini, peas and scallions, continue roasting for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 Tbsp. oil in a large heavy pot over medium-high. Add garlic, ½ tsp. red pepper flakes, stirring often, until garlic is fragrant. Add wine and cook until liquid is almost completely evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Cook the pasta until very al dente (a couple minutes from being done).
- Add 1 ½ cups of the pastas’ water to the garlic.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to a pot with garlic & the water. Reduce heat to medium and cook, tossing often, until pasta is al dente and liquid is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Gradually add cheese, tossing until a sauce starts to form. Remove from heat; add butter and toss to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss in the veggies and top with more cheese.