Super-Easy Greens Stirfry
Author: Dani Lind
- 1 large or 2 medium heads bok choy, white parts thinly sliced on the bias & greens coarsely chopped, separated
- Greens from 1 bunch radishes, washed & coarsely chopped
- Greens from 1 bunch salad turnips, washed & coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, white & green parts separated & thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 tsp. ea. minced garlic & fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey or sugar or maple syrup
- 1 – 3 tsp. Asian hot sauce like sriracha rooster sauce, to taste
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp. chopped cashews, peanuts, or toasted sesame seeds for serving
- Cooked brown or white rice, for serving
- Prep vegetables.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, sweetener, hot sauce, & toasted sesame oil. Taste & adjust as desired.
- Heat oil in a large wok or cast iron pan with a lid. Add the white parts of the scallions, garlic, & ginger. Stir fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add bok choy white parts & stir fry for about a minute.
- Add greens, stir a couple times, & cover for about a minute. Add soy sauce mix, stir, & cover for another minute.
- Stir, cover, turn off heat, & let sit to steam for a couple minutes before serving with rice & topped with nuts or seeds. Delicious with tofu or grilled fish or chicken. Serves 3-4.