Squash with Herbs
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 2 medium winter squash (about 2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1½ cups apple cider or juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons wine or herb vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Squash should be peeled, seeded, cut into 1x ½ inch pieces.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over low heat.
- Add the sage and rosemary and cook until the butter just begins to turn color-3 to 5minutes.
- Add the squash to the skillet, then the apple cider, water, vinegar, and salt.
- Cook stirring occasionally, over medium heat at an even boil until the cider has boiled down to a glaze and the squash is tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Taste and season with pepper and additional salt if needed.