This Squash and Sweet Potato Curry Perfection is just that – one of the tastiest, perfect curry dishes we’ve ever tasted! See for yourself:
Squash and Sweet Potato Curry Perfection
- 1 tsp peanut, sunflower or veggie oil
- ½ to ¾ tsp cumin seeds
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- ½ inch ginger chopped
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp garam masala or curry powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ to ½ tsp cayenne/red chili powder
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1, 15 oz can chickpeas drained
- 1 cup chopped sweet potato
- 1 cup chopped and peeled winter squash
- 1 can coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- ¾ tsp or more salt
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, add cumin seeds and cook until they change color and get fragrant.
- Add onions, garlic and ginger and cook until translucent.
- Add the spices and mix in. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add tomato paste and the water, mix, cover and cook for five minutes.
- Add chickpeas, sweet potatoes, winter squash, coconut milk and salt. Mix, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender.
- Taste and adjust salt and spice. Serve as is, with rice, lentils, quinoa or naan.