Squash Feta Casserole
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 2 medium winter squashes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- ½ c. green pepper, chopped
- 1/ c. red pepper, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 c. feta cheese, crumbled
- dash of cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/ c. sunflower seeds
- Cut squash in half & remove seeds.
- Place cut side down on a greased cookie sheet & bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes, until tender.
- Leave oven on. Cool slightly & scoop flesh into a bowl & mash.
- Meanwhile, saute onion in butter in a skillet for a couple minutes.
- Add garlic & peppers & saute for another couple minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, yogurt/sour cream,salt, pepper, & cayenne.
- Stir in feta, squash, & onion/pepper mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 11X7 inch baking pan, sprinkle with sunflower seeds, cover & bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, uncover & bake for another 25 minutes.