Spinach, Beet & Fennel Salad
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Salad
- 2 medium beets, grated
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 fennel bulb, cored & very thinly sliced
- ½ cup red onion, very thinly sliced
- ¼ c. craisins (dried cranberries)
- Juice & zest of 1 large orange
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. chipotle powder or chili powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp. Driftless Organics sunflower oil (or olive oil)
- 2 cups spinach, washed & spun dry
- Fennel greens for garnish
- Combine orange juice, zest, garlic, chipotle/chili powder, salt, & pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk in oil until emulsified.
- Stir in beets, carrots, fennel, onion, & craisins.
- Serve on a bed of spinach & garnish with fennel greens if you wish.