Spicy Stir-Fried Tsoi-Sim
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 bunch Tsoi Sim (or equivalent amount of other coarse greens, like pea vine, kale, collard greens or even radish tops)
- 1 Tbsp. Drfitless sunflower oil
- ¼ tsp. whole coriander seed (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. green garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. tamari/soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. fish sauce (optional)
- ¼ - ½ tsp. hot chili sauce, to taste
- Rinse Tsoi Sim, separate stems into & cut into 1” pieces.
- Reserve the damp leaves & flowering tops.
- In a medium saute pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add coriander seeds, green garlic, & Tsoi Sim stems.
- Stir & cook for about a minute or two.
- Meanwhile, mix vinegar, tamari, sugar, fish sauce, & hot sauce in a small bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Turn up the heat & add Tsoi Sim leaves/flowering tops to pan with the sauce & continue to stir until leaves are just wilted, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat & serve with rice fried tofu or grilled chicken.