Spicy Corn Relish
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Condiment
- 4 ears corn, husked
- ⅔ c. yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 habenero pepper, seeded & finely chopped
- ⅔ cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. non-iodized salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1¼ c. cider vinegar
- ⅔ c. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- Boil corn for about 5 minutes.
- Drain & cool a bit.
- Cut kernels from cob & place in medium stainless steel saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients except cilantro to saucepan & bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat & simmer for 20 minutes uncovered.
- Stir in cilantro & cook another minute.
- Keeps in fridge for several weeks.
- To can: remove from heat & ladle into sterilized ½ pint jars, leaving ½ in inch of headspace.
- Process in a hot-water bath canner for 15 minutes.