Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 large onion, halved & thickly sliced into wedges
- 1 lb. small/medium potatoes, halved & cut into ½ inch slices
- 2 sweet peppers, diced into big chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded (or unseeded if you like a lot of spice)
- 3-4 medium roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup frozen or fresh corn (optional)
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 tsp. each coriander & cumin seed (preferably whole but ground is ok)
- 1 Tbsp Driftless Sunflower oil
- ¼ c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ c. shredded cheddar or jack cheese (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Saute spices, potatoes, & onions in oil in a large skillet for a few minutes.
- Add peppers, garlic, jalapenos, tomatoes, & corn (if using).
- After another few minutes add black beans, salt & pepper.
- Continue, stirring, on medium-high heat until potatoes are tender
- Add another couple chopped tomatoes if it startes to burn.
- Top with cilantro & cheese & serve.