Southern Collard Greens
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 bunch collard greens, stems removed & chopped coarsely
- ½ c. water
- 2 slices bacon, cooked, drained, & chopped*
- ¼ c. onion, chopped
- salt to taste
- hot sauce to taste
- In a medium sauce pan, bring water, bacon, onion, salt, & hot sauce to boil.
- Add chopped greens, stir until wilted.
- Reduce heat, cover, & simmer for 15-30 minutes, depending on your taste.
- Serve with corn bread, fresh tomatoes, black-eyed peas & rice,barbecued ribs
- * Vegetarians can substitute some oil & liquid smoke instead of bacon.