Southeast Asian Cucumber Peanut Salad
Author: Dani Lind
- 3 cucumbers, peeled, seeded & sliced into ½ inch crescents
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 ½ Tbsp. rice or white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. oil (peanut or sesame is best)
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. minced garlic scapes
- 1 tsp. whole coriander seeds, toasted until fragrant
- ¼ -1/2 tsp. chili flakes
- ½ c. roasted peanuts, chopped
- ½ c. cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Mix sliced cucumbers & salt in a colander & sit to drain for 15 minutes.
- Rinse well & drain again.
- Whisk together lime juice, vinegar, oil, sugar, garlic scapes, coriander seeds, & chili flakes until sugar is dissolved.
- Toss with drained cucumbers in a bowl & chill for about a ½ hour.
- Garnish with peanuts & cilantro to serve. Best eaten within a few days.
- ** Good with blanched green beans or snap peas in addition to the cucumbers! **