Skin-on Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Parsnips
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 2 lb. red potatoes
- 1 lb. parsnips
- 5-7 whole cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 c. milk or half & half
- ¼ c. sour cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Scrub potatoes & cut into 2” pieces.
- Scrub parsnips & cut into similar sizes.
- Place cut potatoes, parsnips, & whole peeled garlic cloves into a medium sauce pan & cover with salted water.
- Bring to a boil covered, lower heat, & simmer uncovered for about 10-15 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Drain water & mash vegetables & garlic with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately.