Sautéed Snap Peas & Mint
Author: Dani Lind
- 1 Tbsp. Driftless Sunflower oil
- 3 cups snap peas, stems/strings removed
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. sugar
- pepper to taste
- 2 scallions, white parts only, minced
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh garlic
- zest and juice from a quarter of a lemon
- 2 Tbsp.fresh mint leaves, cut into thin ribbons (aka chiffonade)
- In a medium/large skillet, heat oil over medium/hot heat. Add peas, sprinkle with salt, sugar, & pepper & cook without stirring for about 30 seconds.
- Then stir once & let cook for another 30 seconds without stirring.
- Then saute while stirring constantly for another minute.
- Push peas to edges of skillet & add scallions & scapes (& a bit more oil if necessary) & cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add lemon zest & juice, remove from heat & stir everything together.
- Serve immediately with mint as garnish.