Sauteed Lemon Maple Frisee
- 1 head frisée, torn
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ cup coarse fresh bread crumbs
- ¾ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. anchovy paste or olive tapenade
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat until it shimmers. Cook bread crumbs until crisp and golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in zest and a pinch of salt.
- Wipe out skillet, then add anchovy paste (or olive tapenade) and remaining 2 Tbsp oil and cook 15 seconds.
- Increase heat to medium-high and sauté half of frisée until slightly wilted, about 1 minute.
- Add remaining frisée and sauté until wilted, about 2 minutes more.
- Off heat, stir in juice, syrup, ⅛ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Serve topped with bread crumbs.