Sauteed Kohlrabi with Scallions and Cream
Author: CSA Member Sarah
This dish is scrumptious. Sumitted by CSA Member, Sarah Majewski. The butter is essential and compliments the veggies SO well! It makes a great side for 2-3 people.
- 2 kohlrabi, diced into ¼ inch pieces
- ½ bunch Radishes, thinly sliced
- 2-4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- Leaves of edible greens (kale,radish, salad turnip,kohlrabi, etc) – rolled like a cigar and then finely sliced
- 3 Tbsp Heavy cream
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Nutmeg, to taste (best if grated fresh!)
- Cook kohlrabi, radish and scallions in butter over medium-high heat until almost tender.
- Stir in edible greens, cook until wilted.
- Add heavy cream, and cook for a few seconds to reduce.
- Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Serve with chicken, pork chops, or steak.