Sautéed Broccoli Rabe
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 lb Broccoli Rabe
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced lengthwise
- ¼ cup Driftless Sunflower Oil or olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Lemon wedges
- Removed one inch of stem ends of broccoli rabe.
- Cook broccoli rabe, uncovered, in 2 batches in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking. Drain well in a colander.
- Cook garlic in oil in a nonstick skillet over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until garlic is golden, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add broccoli rabe and cook, tossing to coat with oil, until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Toss broccoli rabe with salt and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.