Sambal Matah is a spicy lemongrass and shallot relish recipe from Bali. Serve on fish, chicken or mix with rice and top with your favorite curry recipe!
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 chillies or 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 4 lemongrass pieces, finely chop the white piece close to the peeled root
- ½ tsp shrimp paste
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil or vegetable oil
- a squeeze of lime juice
- salt to taste
- Mix all of the ingredients together well and let sit for at least 10 minutes to let the flavors meld.
- Keeps well in the fridge for up to a week.