Salad Turnip Salad
Recipe type: Appetizer
For this delightfully simple salad, having access to a mandolin helps a lot, but a very sharp knife works just as well. The goal is to slice these salad turnips super-thin.
- 2 bunches salad turnips (8-10 turnips)
- 1 - 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Driftless sunflower oil for drizzling
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Trim stem end and any scraggly roots off the turnips.
- If they came with greens attached reserve those for another use.
- Scrub turnips clean.
- Slice turnips very thinly.
- Put sliced turnips in a medium bowl and toss with the lemon juice.
- Divide turnips evenly between 4 to 6 salad plates.
- Drizzle with sunflower oil, and sprinkle with salt.
- Top with a dusting of freshly ground black pepper.