Root Veggie Croquettes are a perfect appetizer or party-favor that’s sure to satisfy everyone.
Root Veggie Croquettes
- 2 large egg yolks
- Veggies: 1 large potato, 1 medium turnip, 1 large parsnip (all diced)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil (for frying; about 2 cups)
- Boil all of the veggies until soft and drain.
- Mash well & let cool fairly well.
- Mix egg yolks, mashed veggies, Parmesan, chives, and flour in a medium bowl.
- Roll into balls; chill until cold, at least 2 hours. Beat eggs in a bowl; place breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- Pour vegetable oil into a medium skillet to measure ½” & heat over medium-high until a pinch of breadcrumbs bubbles immediately when added.
- Dip potato balls in egg, then roll in breadcrumbs. Working in batches, fry, turning often, until golden brown & crisp, 3–4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.