Roasted Vegetables w/Chevre & Lemon
Author: Dani Lind
- 3 Tbsp. olive or Driftless sunflower oil
- 1 head broccoli, cauliflower, or romanesco, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 fennel bulb, cut in half lengthwise, cored & sliced
- 2 sweet peppers, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sage leaves
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Juice & zest from 1 lemon
- 2 oz. plain or herbed chevre, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss broccoli/cauliflower & fennel in 2 Tbsp. oil & salt/pepper to taste in a large bowl. Pour onto a large rimmed baking sheet & roast for about 10 minutes.
- Toss sweet pepper & onion with remaining oil & add to roasting vegetables, carefully stirring with a metal spatula.
- After about 15 minutes, stir again & add garlic, thyme, & lemon juice. Continue to roast for another 5-10 minutes, or until vegetables are au dente but starting to brown a bit on the edges.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest & chevre & serve.