Roasted Tomato and Corn Salsa
Author: Dani Lind
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 1 onion, quartered lengthwise
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- 1-2 banana peppers, left whole (or all 3 if you want it super spicy)
- 4-5 roma &/or red slicers tomatoes, left whole
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- Juice of a lime or two
- Salt to taste
- Heat a grill. When hot, oil grates well & place onions, garlic,
- & peppers directly on grates.
- After a minute or two (be careful – you want a bit of char, but not total scorching), turn all of the above & add romas.
- After another minute, turn anything that’s getting browned & carefully turn the tomatoes, removing them before they fall apart.
- With a spatula, remove all ingredients to a heatproof bowl & let them sit until cooled a bit.
- Stem & de-seed the peppers (you might want to wear gloves), core the
- tomatoes, & pull skins off garlic.
- Throw it all in your food processor with the cilantro, lime juice, & salt & pulse to desired consistency.
- Cut corn kernels from cob with a sharp knife & stir in to salsa.
- Season to taste with salt.