Roasted Sweet Potatoes w/Korean-style Dipping Sauce
Author: Dani Lind
- 3 medium or 4 small sweet potatoes, pricked with a fork
- 4 Tbsp. tamari
- 3 Tbsp. sake or mirin
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (or a grill).
- Place sweet potatoes directly on the oven/grill grate (put a pie tin on the rack under them to catch drippings in the oven) & roast until soft when squeezed, 30-40 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk together remaining ingredients until sugar is dissolved.
- Cool sweet potatoes just enough to handle.
- Cut larger ones in half cross-wise.
- Serve with individual bowls of dipping sauce.